Monday 22 May 2017

Climbing, but not at Logie Head...

Having a free Monday the plan was to climb at Logie Head, way out East on the Moray Firth Coast, but as I'd also booked my van into the garage and they were grumpy when I picked up the courtesy car and said 'this must be back for 5pm, no buts...' then it seemed a bit tight with the drive times and Martin's arrival time after sorting his horses.

Nice setting


He arrived a little weary... not due to his 'new' age of 60 (snigger), but because he had been up until 3am playing online chess!


Martin exploring the cave
Instead we headed to Cummingston, again on the Moray Firth Coast, just much nearer. I'd not been here so it was still exciting. The weather was nice and we saw some unusual Mammatus clouds on the drive over.

On left - VS 5a


The rock is sandstone of various quality and it was a lovely place to spend a day and climb. We climbed 6 routes I think, and the highlights were Right (HVS), Diedre of Doubt (HVS limited gear but fun) and Stegosaurus a fun VS. The bouldering looked fun too so I must pop back..

No comments:

Post a Comment